Its cold and rainy outside right now, so I wanted to share my favorite soup I have ever made 🙂
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek (white part), chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 15 oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- if you like your soup on the richer/creamer side, use two full fat cans and omit the lite can
- 3 cups chicken bone broth (or regular low-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- you can use a rotisserie chicken or boil and shred your own
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 package noodles of your choice ( you can use ramen noodles, but I prefer these )
- lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, bean sprouts for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- Add onion, leeks, bell pepper, and carrots and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir, 1 minute.
- Add curry powder and cayenne, and season with sea salt. Stir
- Pour over coconut milk and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Add shredded chicken, cilantro, and noodles. Cook until noodles are al dente.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime, and bean sprouts. Serve
This recipe is candida safe, refined sugar free, gluten free (depending on which noodles you choose), and paleo. If you omit the chicken and use vegetable broth, it is vegetarian/vegan as well.