I made this recipe for my mom when she was struggling to find lunches for her vegan, gluten free, low FODMAP diet. It was easy, delicious, and perfect for meal prep!
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 beet
- 8 cups Organic Kale
- 1/3 cup raisins (no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt, pepper, ground coriander and red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Coat your whole beet with oil, and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the beet is baking, remove stalks from fennel, wash, and chop
- Remove stems from the kale leaves, wash, and chop
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add fennel to pot and sauté for 12 minutes until tender
- Add kale by the handful, stirring gently
- Stir in apple cider vinegar, water, red pepper flakes and raisins.
- Once your beet is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees and toast your chopped walnuts for 8 minutes, then add them to the pot
- Chop your beet, and add it to the pot
- Season with salt, pepper, any other spices you may like, and serve
*This recipe is safe for gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, candida diets and Low FODMAP diets.