Essential Oils can be very beneficial when healing. They can directly aid in healing your ailments, or simply just help with relaxation. When buying essential oils, its best to get high quality organic brands. A favorite mine is Eden’s Garden . When applying essential oils to the skin, be sure you mix it with a carrier oil such as Almond Oil or Coconut oil, as essential oils tend to be very potent.
Here are some of my favorites and why:
- Tea tree oil: natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Rosemary: can naturally thicken hair. I do a rosemary and castor oil hair treatment once a week.
- Peppermint: supports digestion. put a drop in water 1-2 times a day
- Oregano: a very powerful anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- Lavender: helps with relaxation and improves mood. I love to put this in my bath!
- Ginger: reduces inflammation, supports joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea. This has helped me a lot with my tummy troubles
- Frankincense: builds immunity and reduces inflammation. put 1-2 drops under your tongue every day.
- Eucalyptus: improves respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies. This is another one that I love adding to my bath for relaxation.